This article was written by Andy McCall. Andy is in his 9th year teaching, and does everything to honor his little girl, Penelope, who passed last year. Check him out on his Blog or on Facebook: Penelope's Path.
DO YOU WANT TO WRITE FOR BORED TEACHERS? SEND YOUR SUBMISSION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org!
Mid-term season is approaching. We know dang well our students haven’t read the material and/or studied the guide we gave them. If it isn’t on SnapChat, they didn’t look at it last night. So we might as well get some truth from them. Here's what teachers really want to ask their kids on their Mid-Terms.
1. Please spell my name and write the name of this class you are in.
2. On a scale of 1-10, please rate your overall effort in the class. For each 2 points, please try to provide an example.
3. Draw a map from this room to the bathroom and explain how that took 20 minutes.
4. Have you ever taken this book home? Yes or No.
5. Describe in a paragraph what planet you are on when I explain the directions.
6. Make a Flow Chart of my emotions during a class period.
7. Am I getting a teacher gift at the end of the year? (No, it won’t significantly change your grade if you mark yes)
8. Rate your best homework excuses from 1-5.
9. True or False. You googled “Freshman English midterm questions” before you got in here.
10. Which is worse: Sending this grade home to your parents or posting it on the class Twitter page?
11. Using the words First, Next, Then, and Last please describe what you plan on doing if you graduate.
12. Using >, <, or = please compare the number of times you check your phone in class to the number of times you have actually taken notes in class.
13. Put in order of importance (highest to lowest): prom, passing this class, graduation, checking Twitter for likes on your new profile pic.
14. What is your school computer mostly used for?
C) It has never been turned on
15. If you posted your last test grade on Instagram, how many likes would it get?
16. Using 0-100%, list each day of the week and how much effort you give on each day.
17. Quote a line from Fresh Prince of Bel Air. If you have never seen it, please turn in your test and report to detention.
18. Who are the Ninja Turtles named after?