This article was written by Andy McCall. Andy is in his 9th year teaching, and does everything to honor his little girl, Penelope, who passed last year. Check him out on his Blog or on Facebook: Penelope's Path.
DO YOU WANT TO WRITE FOR BORED TEACHERS? SEND YOUR SUBMISSION TO: email@example.com!
At this time of year, new teachers are graduating from college with a sense of getting their first job. It’s an exciting time for all when they think of the color coordinated name tags and wall hangings, the perfectly aligned desks, and the TPT or Pinterest activities they’ve collected through their undergrad. They buy a nice new outfit for their interview, come prepared to answer what pedagogy they believe in, tell about their strengths, and what they plan to do to help their students succeed.
So I came up with a few questions that new teachers should be asked if other experienced teachers had a say in the interviews. Just for fun!
1. What are your views on wine? (if none, tell them to leave quietly)
2. How many bottles of wine have you finished without even using a glass?
3. How much coffee do you need to start your day? (if none, please leave quietly, you aren’t human)
4. Do you cook? If yes, do you bring leftovers for just you or everyone?
5. What song do you listen to before you pull up to school?
6. Have you liked Bored Teachers on Facebook?
7. Describe your attire for Casual Friday.
8. What’s an acceptable amount of chocolate to eat at once?
9. Which is worse? Putting Skittles in an M&Ms bowl, or not filling up the coffee pot in the teacher lounge?
10. Have you ever finished a Monopoly game peacefully?
11. What are your views on Fidget Spinners? (if they pause or say anything but "They are Satan’s toys", ask them to leave)
12. Would you rather have 20 minutes in the Dollar Store with no budget, or 20 minutes alone during planning time, with no interruptions?
13. How long is too long on the playground? (anything other than "never too long" is unacceptable)
14. You have 3 minutes to come up with a lesson plan that includes showing The Little Mermaid.
15. What do you do if a kid vomits in the room? Keep teaching or vomit yourself?
16. Who is better: Bill Nye or Mrs. Frizzle?
17. You have 5 minutes before your principal walks into the room for an observation. Do you give the kids a pep-talk or put the fear of God in them?
18. Pick one: uninterrupted lunch or no after-school activities?
SHARE THE LAUGHTER! :)