After everything teachers do for our children, society, and our future, they deserve to be treated with more respect than most people like to show. So, in light of Teacher Appreciation Week, let's all try to avoid the things that push their buttons the most. After all, it's the month of May, people. It's been a long school year, already. Cut them some slack!
1. Using the pencil sharpener while the instructions are being given
2. Scheduling staff meetings during prep times and/or after school
3. Leaving the copy machine jammed and/or out of paper
4. Saying something like: "Oh you're a teacher? Must be nice to have summers off and play with kids all day!"
5. Raising your hand and asking to go to the bathroom when an important question is being asked
6. Playing with one of those fidget spinners or practicing your bottle flipping during class
7. Surprising them with an unannounced observation when their classroom is on the brink of a chaotic meltdown... or any other time, for that matter!
8. Giving them indoor recess duty
9. Touching any of their best markers, flair pens, or other favorite school supplies
10. Waking them up early in the morning on the weekend
"Is it summer yet??"-said every teacher ever.
SHARE THE LAUGHTER!
Leave a comment