11 Realities of Teaching They Don't Tell You About in College
Yes, we learned everything there is to know about lesson planning, childhood development, pedagogical content knowledge, and all that good stuff. But wouldn't it be nice if there was a college course on the brutally honest truths of being a teacher?
(*Please note: This is a satirical post. We all chose teaching because we love what we do, and know that the more exhausted we are, the more we know we are truly making a difference!)
1. Pointless staff meetings (that could be simple emails!)
2. Complaining parents
3. The downfall of our social lives
4. Constant whining & crying students
5. All the germs, vomiting, disgusting bathrooms & nose-picking
6. Being permanently exhausted
7. Not having enough money at the end of every month
8. The endless amount of testing & data (leaving us barely enough time to actually TEACH)
9. Extreme bladder control
10. Never being able to sit = sore feet EVERY DAY
11. Wine will become more and more a consistent part of your end-of-the-day routine, the closer you get to Christmas break...
Buy this glass HERE.
You forgot how many times a day you have to remind a kid to zip up their pants, or not pick their nose, or eat their lunch, tie their shoes, etc.
Leave a comment